Overcoming the Fear of Recovery
The time has come to get assistance for your addiction problem, or perhaps for someone you know. However, addiction recovery can be frightening for both the addict and their friends and family. The idea of having to face your issues can be a monumental task. Thankfully, there are options for everyone living in Nebraska to overcome this fear. The most effective method for getting someone suffering from addiction into rehab is to hold an intervention.
No matter how much you love this person, you’re tired of feeling frustrated. You want to help them as much as you can, but they may not see the benefit of getting treatment. Likewise, watching others enable them is hard. You can’t be scared of confrontation. Don’t let fear or doubt stop you from taking action and saving you or your loved one’s life. Contact a specialist at 402-267-9960 for information about interventions.
What’s an Intervention?
An intervention is a confrontation that attempts to persuade an addict to enter rehab for his or her addiction. Very often the addict doesn’t even realize that there’s an issue or is in denial of the problem, and many times they’re unwilling to seek assistance. Family and friends come to meet with the person needing an intervention. They present the effects of the drug or alcohol dependency, and to urge them to obtain therapy in a safe and respectful environment.
However, the essential purpose of an intervention is to give the addict an opportunity to make changes. There are several topics that need to be addressed during an intervention, including:
- the addict’s dangerous behavior, and how it influences the addict and their family
- the therapy plan, along with objectives and guidelines that the addict will follow
- what each person will do if the addict does not agree to enter a treatment program of some kind
There are four different sorts of interventions: simple, crisis, classical, and family system.
- A simple addiction treatment intervention is simply asking the addict to quit their self-destructive behavior, and before another, more difficult intervention strategy is used, a simple intervention should be attempted.
- Crisis intervention may be necessary for critical situations, where the addict is participating in extremely hazardous behaviors, like reckless driving, violence, or severe addiction.
- Classical interventions directly focus on one person, the objective being that they agree to immediate rehab as a result of the intervention.
- Family system interventions direct the focus on all of the family members, encouraging everyone to modify their behaviors. Because addiction and family violence regularly create socially dysfunctional environments, everyone involved needs help to quit their behaviors.
What Is the Difference Between Intervention and Rehabilitation?
Although both are necessary for the recovery process, we remind people that there is a difference between intervention and treatment. Interventions persuade the addict to enter rehabilitation and are initiated by their friends, family, and people that care about them. However, intervention is not the same as treatment, and may not be enough to convince the addict to stop abusing drugs or alcohol. At rehab treatment centers, therapists teach addicts about the illness of drug and alcohol abuse that underlies their need to use and how they can preserve long-term full recovery for addiction. For the best chance of success, we recommend encouraging the addict to enter rehabilitation immediately following their intervention.
For Assistance Now, Call Us As Soon As Possible!
Watching someone you love succumb to substance addiction is frustrating and scary. Sometimes, an intervention can be as simple as asking the individual to stop their behavior, but most of the time one will have to plan and coordinate efforts for success. Alcoholic recovery programs help by offering interventionists, locating rehabilitation centers across the United States, or talking about addiction in general. Our programs can help those living in the Omaha area. Help a loved one travel for treatment and start fresh. To get you or someone you love the assistance they so desperately need, call 402-267-9960 now.